GEMMS: Gateway to Early Modern Manuscript Sermons
NameFrancis Rogers
DenominationChurch of England
Livedb. ca. 1582-01-01 - d. 1638-07-23 (new)
Linked Manuscriptsmanuscript owner - Discourses of Francis Rogers, DD: MS. Rawl. E. 128
Linked Reports
Associated PlacesAlkham -- ParishDenton -- ParishHoly Trinity the Less -- ParishSt Margaret -- ParishTrinity College -- Place of Study
Source of DataAnne James; David Robinson; Hannah Wood
Biographical Sources ConsultedCCEd (Person ID: 38148); ACAD (Venn) (ID: RGRS596F)
Other NoteFrancis Rogers, the second son of Richard Rogers, D.D., was admitted scholar at Trinity College, Cambridge in 1596; he graduated B.A. in 1597/8 and was elected fellow in 1599, proceeding M.A. in 1601, B.D. in 1608, and D.D. in 1613. Following his ordination on 3 June 1605, he was made rector of Trinity-the-Less, London in 1606 and of Denton, Kent in 1608. He also held the vicarage of Alkham, Kent from 1607-27 and the rectory of St Margaret’s, Canterbury from 1626-38. Rogers married Thomasine Fogge of St. Paul’s Canterbury in May 1618. He had at least one son, John. Rogers died 23 July 1638 and was buried at St. Margaret’s, Canterbury.
GEMMS record createdDecember 30, 2015
GEMMS record last editedAugust 05, 2021